The Number One Space
For most homeowners and buyers, the kitchen is at the top of their list when it comes to the most important room in the house. The kitchen is so essential in a home because it’s a gathering place for friends and family. A home-cooked meal is a powerful way to create memories that will last a lifetime. It’s not only from those you spend time with but the journey of the meal. Cooking is an art, a hobby. It shouldn’t be treated as a chore, but may kitchens make it one. Space Construction’s goal is to transform your kitchen into a place you want to craft the best meals and cherish loving moments.
How We Handle Kitchen Remodeling Projects
A kitchen remodeling project can take up to 12 weeks to complete, depending on the extent and complexity. Space Construction uses a proven process for remodeling kitchens efficiently and effectively. Through each phase of the kitchen remodel, a project manager will update you on the progress.
They’ll be your point of contact for the project and responsible for addressing any questions or concerns you may have throughout the remodel. Communication is an essential quality of any kitchen remodeling project we take on.
During each step of the remodel, the project manager will speak to you about what work is being completed at that time. They are also in charge of applying for building permits and scheduling the required inspections throughout the kitchen remodel.
Free Estimate for Kitchen Remodeling
Begin your kitchen remodeling journey with a free estimate from Space Construction. Let’s discuss your dream kitchen and get to work!
The Kitchen Remodeling Process
1. Planning and Design: In order for our team to build your dream kitchen, we must plan accordingly. Our remodelers and contractors work with you to get the right design before moving forward. This phase also includes applying for the appropriate building permits, if necessary.
2. Order Materials: Discussions of what materials will be used for occur in the planning step, but they aren’t finalized until the design has been approved. Selecting and ordering materials for your kitchen remodeling project can take up to two months to complete, but we can help make the process easier with our showroom!
3. Demolition: If you’re building your kitchen from the ground up, this process will take longer than those performing cosmetic changes. We’ll remove everything from your kitchen, including appliances, countertops, cabinets, flooring, walls, etc.
4. Construction: The term construction is very vague in this context, but essentially it involves adding new plumbing and wiring, moving walls or windows, installing drywall and flooring, and completing other major structural changes.
5. Finalizing Construction: During the finalization of the construction, you’ll finally get to see your dream kitchen come together. We finish construction with new cabinets, countertops, appliances, light fixtures, backsplash, etc.
6. Inspection and Walk-Through: Before you start using your dream kitchen, we schedule the final inspection to ensure all building codes are met, and we walk you through your new kitchen! From there, you can enjoy your renovated space.
The Big Picture and Finer Details
The planning and material selection process of our kitchen remodeling services is exhaustive regarding details. We want to ensure you have control over every big and small detail that goes into your kitchen. Many of our clients have a general idea of their dream kitchen, but their creativity isn’t unlocked until we provide a selection of what is available. The choices are absolutely endless.
While our showroom features big picture features like cabinets, countertops, and flooring, we also provide a vast selection of lighting fixtures, cabinet hardware, paint, backsplashes, and so much more. The outstanding beauty of your kitchen is not just contributed by the cabinets and countertops, but rather the finer details too. It’s when all of these elements work together that your dream kitchen can come to life and outshine your original vision.
Since the kitchen is the most important room in your home, the project must be handled with great care. With that said, there can be a lot of pressure with a kitchen remodeling project. So, we’ve answered a few commonly asked questions below.
How much does a kitchen remodel cost?
According to Angi, a kitchen remodeling project in Texas costs between $10,400–$28,000. However, there are many aspects that will influence costs, such as your choice of materials and the scope of the project. For an accurate and free estimate on your kitchen remodel, give us a call!
How long does kitchen remodeling take?
A kitchen remodeling project will take approximately 6 to 12 weeks. The length of your kitchen remodel will depend on how extensive it is. Cosmetic remodels are much faster than remodels that reroute plumbing and move walls. You can get an accurate project timeline from our team once we know more about what you desire.
What design aspects does Space Construction assist with?
You’ll learn our team helps you with every aspect of your kitchen, including but not limited to:
- Cabinet hardware
- Light fixtures
Do I need a permit to remodel my kitchen?
It depends. Kitchen remodeling projects require a building permit if there are any changes to the structure of the building, such as moving a wall, or if there are electrical or plumbing changes.
A cosmetic kitchen remodel will likely not need a permit. Examples of cosmetic changes include new countertops, replacing cabinets, a fresh coat of paint, or installing different flooring.
How do I prepare for a kitchen remodel?
A kitchen remodel can take up to 12 weeks to complete. This means you’ll be without a dedicated cooking or eating area for some time. To prepare for your kitchen remodeling project, use the few tips we’ve listed below:
- Pack away non-essential items and label the boxes
- Keep any essential kitchen items out of storage
- Create a temporary cooking/dining area
- Restrict access to the construction area for kids and pets
- Create an eating plan, whether it’s frozen meals, grilling, or take-out
- Store perishables in a secondary fridge/freezer or a cooler