Utility and Luxury
Bathrooms are the most utilized space in the home, which often causes them to lack comfort features. It doesn’t matter if it’s a master or primary bathroom or a half bath; the space should be a mix of utility and luxury. Old fixtures, limited storage space, and outdated designs are not inviting. When guests visit or you’re winding down from a long week, stepping into your newly remodeled bathroom can make a world of difference. You’d be surprised how many areas of your bathroom can evoke comfort and luxury while serving their intended purpose. Space Construction, a trusted north Dallas bathroom remodeling specialist, is here to help reimagine the purpose of your bathroom through premium materials, kindred styles, and refined design choices. We can take the stress out of decision making so you can create an atmosphere of comfort and relaxation. Space Construction will walk you through the bathroom renovation process to create the perfect oasis in your home.
How We Handle Bathroom Remodeling
Space Construction handles your bathroom remodeling from start to finish. A bathroom remodeling project can last up to six weeks, depending on your desire, but we’re with you every step of the way. Our team has seen many levels of bathroom remodeling ranging from simple cosmetic updates to structural changes and complete rebuilds. Regardless of what your dream bathroom entails, Space Construction works with you from the very beginning to bring your bathroom vision to life. We begin each project with a clear plan to encompass the client’s needs and design vision. To assist with this process, each bathroom remodeling project we tackle is assigned a project manager. You’ll be in contact with them throughout the entire process of your project. The project manager’s purpose is to update you on the work as it is completed, answer any questions that may arise about your bathroom renovation, address your concerns or deviations from the original plans, and maintain the course of the remodel. We’ve found this method works best in maintaining transparency with clients and ensuring two-way communication between both parties.
Project managers are responsible for applying for the necessary building permits, and scheduling inspections during various stages of the bathroom remodel. During the remodel, they’ll give you more details on the progress of your project, which helps ease your nerves. Our team is here to make your bathroom remodeling project go as smoothly as possible, so don’t hesitate to ask questions or have the project manager clear something up if necessary. We understand for many a bathroom remodeling project can create excitement and worry. Our professional and highly-trained team will eliminate stressors and guide you through the bathroom remodel process effortlessly.
Contact Us For A Free Quote
We offer free estimates for all bathroom renovation projects. Add spa-like qualities to your bathroom by contacting Space Construction today. We’ll provide a free estimate so you can enjoy the bathroom of your dreams.
The Bathroom Remodeling Process
1. Planning and Design: We start every remodeling project with a clear action plan. From the start, our remodelers and contractors learn about your dream bathroom. They’ll develop a design for the bathroom you’ve always envisioned. We only move forward once you approve of the design and the building permits have been obtained.
2. Selection Materials: You likely have ideas for materials already, and we start those conversations early in the design phase. However, we will only help you select the materials and order them once the design is finalized. This process can take a few months, but we do have a Dallas showroom you can visit to hasten the process. We will discuss and review all the details of your dream bathroom, from colors and materials to textures and fixtures.
3. Demolition: After materials have arrived, we set a start date to remove the old materials from your bathroom. We’ll rip out the old plumbing, appliances, flooring, walls, and anything else that needs removing prior to starting your bathroom renovation. This step will look different based on the scope of your project, but know our team of proven bathroom remodelers will keep our dust to a minimum in an effort to protect other areas of your home.
4. Construction: Once all the materials are out, we’ll start installing new electrical components, updating plumbing, adding insulation, building new walls, installing windows, etc. We take this step very seriously. We want our clients to understand the importance of doing a job right the first time. Essentially, the guts and surface-level components are installed during this phase. You will see your vision start to be realized.
5. Finalize Construction: This is the time when you’ll see your bathroom come to life, and we know the excitement level will jump. We install the vanity, backsplash, toilet, tub, shower, light fixtures, mirrors, cabinets, hardware, and any other final features.
6. Final Inspection and Reveal: The last step in our bathroom renovation process is to schedule the final inspection to ensure the project is in accordance with building codes, and then we’ll reveal it to you!
Striking a Balance
We believe there is a perfect balance of utility and luxury for bathrooms. There is such a thing as too much on both ends of the spectrum. Total utility will prevent you from enjoying your time in the bathroom. Overindulgence in luxury features can dampen the efficiency of your bathroom to the point it’s annoying. We’ve helped many North Dallas residents strike a balance between the two qualities for the perfect bathroom experience.
Selecting suitable materials, appliances, and styles will help you find the perfect bathroom design. Our Dallas showroom features a wide range of materials for countertops, flooring, cabinets, and backsplashes. These large detail items are crucial for your bathroom renovation, but the more minor details are just as essential. Our team is here to help you with what may seem like the most minute details, such as light fixtures, cabinet hardware, faucets, and towel racks. Every detail matters and directly influences the balance of comfort and luxury. Space Construction takes pride in all of our projects, and no matter the scope, our goal is to ensure you are delighted with your dream bathroom’s design, beauty, and functionality.
Bathroom remodeling brings up a lot of questions amongst homeowners, like costs, timeframe, and permits. We know these are important questions, so our contractors answered a handful of them below.
How much does a bathroom remodel cost?
How long does bathroom remodeling take?
Bathroom remodeling takes about 4 to 6 weeks, depending on the size and the extent of the project. You can expect a cosmetic update to be much faster than a complete rebuild of the bathroom.
Do I need a permit to remodel my bathroom?
You will need a building permit if your bathroom remodel requires structural changes or replaces electrical or plumbing. Cosmetic bathroom renovations like painting, changing your toilet, or installing a new vanity will not require a building permit.
How can I prepare for a bathroom remodel?
A bathroom remodel can put a lot of stress on the entire house, especially if the bathroom being worked on is your only one. We’ve made a list of a few ways you can prepare for your bathroom remodel:
- Remove all personal belongings from the bathroom
- Store any non-essential items away and label the boxes
- Keep personal care products for daily use
- If you’re friendly with neighbors, ask if using their shower or toilet is suitable
- If staying in a hotel is not viable, ask friends or family to stay with
- Consider using a local gym to shower or use a make-shift shower in your home or backyard
What aspects of the bathroom remodeling project does Space Construction handle?
We handle every aspect of your bathroom remodel. Like all of our other remodeling services, we’ll perform the design, planning, demolition, construction, schedule inspections, and apply for permits if necessary.
There are many different features of a bathroom remodel, but we help with all of them, including but not limited to:
- Towel racks