Expand to Fulfill a Vision
For Dallas homeowners looking to realize their vision of an ideal home, Space Construction can help. We specialize in creating custom home additions that will not only add comfort and convenience but also bring your dream house into full realization. Through our experts’ experience with a wide variety of projects, from expanding existing areas to building entire new rooms or second stories, we are the trusted partner for making any size addition possible without compromising quality construction standards or neighborhood aesthetic harmony. Let us show you how adding space can make all the difference!
The Home Additions Process
Home additions can be lengthy projects capable of taking up to three to four months for completion. Space Construction knows the complexities of home additions and the factors that play into their timeframe. Our Dallas contractors will be by your side at every phase of the home addition project. From your free estimate to the final walkthrough, we ensure your vision is encapsulated into the project and built to our highest standards in craftsmanship.
Contact Us For A Free Quote
You never have to worry about scheduling inspections or applying for permits because our team handles all of it! These steps are seamlessly integrated into our building process, which will look something like this:
1. Planning and Design: All of our remodeling and renovation projects start with a planning and design phase. This is where our team learns of your vision; we develop a design, establish clear building plans, and obtain permits for the job.
2. Material Selection and Ordering: After your approval of the design, we’ll help you select materials that fit into your budget and satisfy your design. Our Dallas showroom can help you during this step as it showcases a variety of materials for home remodeling projects.
3. Foundation and Framing: This step may look different depending on the type of home addition you’re tackling. We start by either excavating (if necessary) followed by pouring the concrete foundation. When curing is complete, we’ll frame the home addition, which includes walls, roof, doors, and windows.
4. Construction: This portion of the home addition process involves our team installing the guts and base materials for the room. Materials include plumbing, electrical, HVAC, insulation, drywall, windows, roofing, and flooring.
5. Finalize Construction: Once the base materials are in the structure, we move to install the finishing touches such as paint, light fixtures, appliances, doors, trim, and more.
6. Inspection and Walk-Through: The last step in our home addition project is the last inspection to ensure it meets building codes and to reveal your new space!
Your Options for a Home Addition
The most common home addition method is adding a new room to the ground floor. Many homeowners look to add a new bedroom or bathroom to their smaller house, but not every homeowner has the budget or the space to perform such an expansion. There are other ways of adding square footage to your home.
1. Convert a Room: If you don’t have a large budget or the space for traditional home additions, then try converting an existing space. This is a great idea for those who have basements, attics, or a garage they don’t use often.
2. Add a Second Story: Expanding outward on the ground floor requires space on your lot. If that’s something you’re lacking, building up is a great alternative. While these home additions are not as budget-friendly, they will give you the same results.
3. Build Over the Garage: Losing your garage space to a room conversion isn’t ideal for some, so consider adding a room above it! If detached from your home, turn it into an accessory dwelling unit (ADU), and if attached, a bedroom for a growing family.
4. Bump-Out Addition: Of all the home additions possible, this is the most budget-friendly. A bump-out is considered a small expansion of an existing room. It may only be a few square feet, but it does wonders for the existing space.
A home addition is a great way to maximize the space in your home, however, the most common home addition method is adding a new room to the ground floor. This can add an extra bedroom or bathroom to a home that does not have the necessary space or budget for such a change. However, homeowners should not feel limited by this traditional home addition route. There are other options available that can help increase the square footage in your home without having to break ground on a costly extension. These alternatives include building up rather than out, taking advantage of unused space before cutting into existing structure, and investing in clever storage solutions. With these ideas in mind, home owners can effectively utilize the space they have while still making the home of their dreams come true.
As you can see, you aren’t limited to a traditional home addition for your property. Space Construction will work with you to find the best method of adding a new living area to your home.
Home additions are massive projects that take months to complete, with a lot of planning, design, and construction. Such a large project will bring up a lot of questions, which our team has gracefully answered below.
How much does a home addition cost?
According to Angi, the average cost of home additions in the United States is between $20,900 and $72,600. The factors to consider when budgeting for home additions include the size of the addition, the type of the addition, your choice of materials, and what room you are adding. A bedroom addition will cost significantly less than a kitchen. Get an accurate and free estimate for your home addition project by calling Space Construction today.
How long does a home addition take?
You can expect your home addition to take three to four months for completion, depending on its size, scope, and any problems that may arise. When Space Construction understands your vision for a home addition, we can give you an accurate timeframe for completion.
How can I afford a home addition?
Home additions have lofty price tags that typically run higher than your average remodeling project. However, financing your home addition is within reach. We recommend visiting our Financing page to learn more about the lender we’ve partnered with. They’ll be able to help fund your home addition project.
Does my property qualify for a home addition?
It is important you research if you are able to add an additional room to your home. Zoning laws may have an impact on your plans or regulations you must follow. You should also have in mind (if applicable) what your Homeowner’s Association (HOA) says about home additions. They will likely have restrictions of their own with what you can and can’t do with your home.