Fire Damage Restoration
Restoring Your Home From Disaster
A fire is a severe disaster any homeowner would be devastated from experiencing. Fires are most commonly started in the kitchen, but they can occur in almost any room of the house. When a fire impacts your home, the damage may seem extensive and permanent. However, Space Construction would like to assure you that your home can be restored from a disastrous fire, regardless of the severity. Fire damage restoration services are what you need to bring your home back to a safe and comfortable environment. It’s vital you hire a professional restoration company to handle your fire damage as it’s too dangerous to do on your own.
The Importance of Fire Damage Restoration
Hiring a professional for fire damage restoration is essential because of the safety risk fire damage poses. Without the right equipment or understanding of fire damage, you could be putting yourself at risk. Our team offers comprehensive fire damage restoration services to ensure your home is restored without risking the safety of our employees. We have all the necessary equipment to remove damaged materials, clean up the toxins, and restore the property.
Both fire and smoke damage are a threat to your home. Fire damage is considered anything damaged by the flames. On the other hand, smoke damage is the damage caused by the heat and toxins of the smoke. Smoke will reach materials away from the flames. The smoke’s heat will cause materials to deteriorate and melt, causing the materials to release their own toxic substances. Other materials will hold the toxins of the smoke after prolonged exposure.
For these reasons, professionals with years of experience must handle fire damage restoration. Space Construction handles the entire process of your fire damage restoration needs. We have what it takes to restore all types of materials in your home, such as flooring, walls, ceilings, appliances, insulation, plumbing, electrical, and anything found in your home. The all-inclusive services we offer are what you need by your side to restore your home.
Contact Us For A Free Quote
The Fire Damage Restoration Process
The fire damage restoration process can be lengthy, depending on how severe the fire was. Regardless of how bad, Space Construction offers a comprehensive process to restore your home. We have outlined our process below:
- Inspection: To fully understand the extent of the fire damage, a contractor will inspect the damage thoroughly. We identify areas that may be problematic structurally. From there, we’ll give you a timeframe and cost estimate.
- Mitigate Damage: Our next step in the fire damage restoration process is to prevent any further damage to the property. This includes sealing off areas of the house where toxic materials can expose clean rooms, tarping up windows, and boarding up areas exposed to the outdoors.
- Water Removal: Many fire damage restoration projects include water removal because the property likely sustained water damage when firefighters responded to the emergency. We remove any water that may be left in the house with vacuums or sump pumps.
- Material Removal: Using proper safety equipment, our team removes ash, soot, and damaged materials from the property. We properly dispose of any toxic materials while keeping any materials that can be restored later on in the process.
- Cleaning and Sanitation: After the material and debris are gone, we begin scrubbing. Our team must remove any toxic odors or chemicals from the home to ensure your safety. We want to ensure your home is safe once we are done with it, which is why this step is so important.
- Restoration: The last step in our restoration process is to restore the property. This phase includes restoring walls, floors, ceilings, roofing, and any other materials affected by the fire.
A disastrous fire raises a lot of questions regarding how your home will be rebuilt. We understand and receive many of those questions from homeowners. Here are some frequently asked questions we’ve answered to help ease your nerves.
How much does fire damage restoration cost?
According to HomeAdvisor, the average cost of fire damage restoration is $2,867 to $32,777. This large range is due to the many factors that play into the cost of fire damage restoration. The extent of the damage, the types of materials needing to be replaced, and where you’re located play a part in restoration costs. To get an accurate estimate for your fire damage, give Space Construction a call.
How long does fire damage restoration take?
Depending on the size of the fire, your restoration process can take a few days or several months. For an accurate timeline on your fire damage restoration, give our team a call.
Do you need building permits for fire damage restoration?
It depends. If your fire only caused cosmetic damage, a permit is likely not necessary. In the event your fire causes structural damage, a building permit will be required. Depending on your situation, Space Construction will apply for all the appropriate building permits.