Utility and Luxury
Bathrooms are the most utilized space in the home, which often causes them to lack features of comfort. It doesn’t matter if it’s a master bathroom or a half bath; the space should invite you inside, not scare you away with a discomforting design. When guests visit or you’re winding down from a long week, certain bathroom traits can make a world of difference. You’d be surprised how many areas of your bathroom can evoke comfort and luxury while serving their intended purpose. Space Construction is here to help revolutionize the purpose of your bathroom through premium materials, kindred styles, and refined design choices.
How We Handle Bathroom Remodeling
A bathroom remodeling project can last up the six weeks based on what you want. Our team has seen many levels of bathroom remodeling ranging from simple cosmetic updates to structural changes and complete rebuilds. Regardless of what your dream bathroom entails, Space Construction works with you from the very beginning to bring your bathroom vision to life.
Each bathroom remodeling project we tackle is assigned a project manager. You’ll be in contact with this individual throughout the process of your project. The project manager’s purpose is to update you on the work being completed, answer any questions, address your concerns, and maintain the course of the remodel. We’ve found this method works best in maintaining transparency with clients and ensuring there is two-way communication between both parties.
Project managers are in charge of applying for the necessary building permits, and scheduling inspections during various stages of the bathroom remodel. During the remodel, they’ll give you more details on the progress of your project, which helps ease your nerves. Our team is here to make your bathroom remodeling project go as smoothly as possible, so don’t hesitate to ask questions or have the project manager clear something up if necessary.
Contact Us For A Free Quote
Free Estimate for Bathroom Remodeling. Add spa-like qualities to your bathroom by contacting Space Construction today. We’ll provide a free estimate for your dream bathroom.
The Bathroom Remodeling Process
1. Planning and Design: We start every remodeling project with a clear plan of action. From the start, our remodelers and contractors learn about your dream bathroom. They’ll develop a design for the bathroom you’ve always envisioned. We don’t move forward until you approve of the design and the building permits have been obtained.
2. Selection Materials: You likely have ideas for materials already, but we do start those conversations early on in the design phase. However, we won’t help you select the materials and order them until the design has been finalized. This process can take a few months, but we do have a Dallas showroom you can visit to hasten the process.
3. Demolition: After materials have arrived, we set a start date to remove the old materials from your bathroom. We’ll rip out the old plumbing, appliances, flooring, walls, and anything else that needs removing. This step will look different based on the scope of your renovation.
4. Construction: Once all the materials are out, we’ll start installing new electrical components, plumbing, insulation, build any new walls, install windows, etc. Essentially, the guts and surface-level components are installed during this phase.
5. Finalize Construction: This is the time when you’ll see your bathroom come to life. We install the vanity, backsplash, toilet, tub, shower, light fixtures, mirrors, cabinets, hardware, and any other final features.
6. Final Inspection and Reveal: The last step in our bathroom remodeling process is to schedule the final inspection to ensure the project is in accordance with building codes, and then we’ll reveal it to you!
Striking a Balance
We believe there is a perfect balance of utility and luxury for bathrooms. There is such a thing as too much on both ends of the spectrum. Total utility will prevent you from enjoying your time in the bathroom. Overindulgence in luxury features can dampen the efficiency of your bathroom to the point it’s annoying. We’ve helped many Dallas residents strike a balance between the two qualities for the perfect bathroom experience.
Selecting the right types of materials, appliances, and styles will help you find the perfect bathroom design for you. Our Dallas showroom features a wide range of materials for countertops, flooring, cabinets, and backsplashes. These large detail items are important for your bathroom remodel, but the smaller details are just as essential. Our team is here to help you with what may seem like the most minute details, such as light fixtures, cabinet hardware, faucets, and towel racks. Every detail matters and directly influences the balance of comfort and luxury.
Bathroom remodeling brings up a lot of questions amongst homeowners, like costs, timeframe, and permits. We know these are important questions, so our contractors answered a handful of them below.
How much does a bathroom remodel cost?
How long does bathroom remodeling take?
Bathroom remodeling takes about 4 to 6 weeks, depending on the size and the extent of the project. You can expect a cosmetic update to be much faster than a complete rebuild of the bathroom.
Do I need a permit to remodel my bathroom?
You will need a building permit if your bathroom remodel requires structural changes or replaces electrical or plumbing. Cosmetic bathroom renovations like painting, changing your toilet, or installing a new vanity will not require a building permit.
How can I prepare for a bathroom remodel?
A bathroom remodel can put a lot of stress on the entire house, especially if the bathroom being worked on is your only one. We’ve made a list of a few ways you can prepare for your bathroom remodel:
- Remove all personal belongings from the bathroom
- Store any non-essential items away and label the boxes
- Keep personal care products for daily use
- If you’re friendly with neighbors, ask if using their shower or toilet is suitable
- If staying in a hotel is not viable, ask friends or family to stay with
- Consider using a local gym to shower or use a make-shift shower in your home or backyard
What aspects of the bathroom remodeling project does Space Construction handle?
We handle every aspect of your bathroom remodel. Like all of our other remodeling services, we’ll perform the design, planning, demolition, construction, schedule inspections, and apply for permits if necessary.
There are many different features of a bathroom remodel, but we help with all of them, including but not limited to:
- Towel racks